New York News
Brooklyn gun buyback nets 85 weapons
NEW YORK -- Police and the Brooklyn District Attorney's office say they recovered 85 weapons during a gun buyback program, including 40 revolvers and an assault rifle.
The program was held Saturday at the Evergreen Baptist Church in Brooklyn.
Those who turned in weapons received a $200 gift card. Authorities also recovered 28 semi-automatic handguns, nine rifles and two shotguns.
Police say seven of the weapons were loaded.
Among the guns, authorities recovered a Tec-9 semi-automatic.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, gun buy back, new york news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos