New York News
New subway entry at Barclays center debuts
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Commuters now have a new way to access the subway in Brooklyn.
Monday marked the debut of the new subway entry at the Barclays Center.
It allows underground access to Atlantic Terminal across a busy Atlantic Avenue, connecting nine subway lines, 11 bus lines and the Long Island Rail Road.
The Barclays Center developer, Forest City Ratner, spent $76 million on the new station access point.
It was designed with the thought in mind that no one should have to drive to the new arena.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 13 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway 33 min ago
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station 41 min ago
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn. 39 min ago
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
32 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
13 min ago
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas...
41 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos