New York News
New subway entry at Barclays center debuts
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Commuters now have a new way to access the subway in Brooklyn.
Monday marked the debut of the new subway entry at the Barclays Center.
It allows underground access to Atlantic Terminal across a busy Atlantic Avenue, connecting nine subway lines, 11 bus lines and the Long Island Rail Road.
The Barclays Center developer, Forest City Ratner, spent $76 million on the new station access point.
It was designed with the thought in mind that no one should have to drive to the new arena.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 9 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos