New York News
New subway entry at Barclays center debuts
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Commuters now have a new way to access the subway in Brooklyn.
Monday marked the debut of the new subway entry at the Barclays Center.
It allows underground access to Atlantic Terminal across a busy Atlantic Avenue, connecting nine subway lines, 11 bus lines and the Long Island Rail Road.
The Barclays Center developer, Forest City Ratner, spent $76 million on the new station access point.
It was designed with the thought in mind that no one should have to drive to the new arena.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 27 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos