New York News
Baby boy in Brooklyn drowns in toilet
NEW YORK -- New York officials say a nearly 1-year-old boy, who was pronounced dead after arriving at a hospital unconscious and unresponsive, drowned in a toilet bowl.
A spokeswoman for the city's Medical Examiner's Office tells The Journal News the death of little Mendi Altman, of Monsey, N.Y., has been ruled an accidental drowning.
Police say the toddler was brought to Maimonides Hospital in Brooklyn by private means shortly before 1 a.m. Tuesday. They say he was transported to the hospital from an apartment in the Borough Park section of Brooklyn.
No criminality is suspected at this time. Police are investigating.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, drowning, child death, borough park, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos