New York News
Lopez out, Seddio in as county chairman
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Brooklyn Democrats have a new leader Thursday in the wake of state Assemblyman Vito Lopez' ousting.
Lopez left the job of county chairman under the cloud of a sexual harassment scandal in Albany.
The new man, voted in Wednesday night, is Frank Seddio, a former state Assemblyman and an ally of Lopez.
Seddio says his rule will be by consensus and will allow for dissenting opinions.
"If we have a difference of opinion and we can't agree on something, maybe down the road we can find another way to do it," he told NY1.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, vito lopez, new york state politics, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 51 min ago
- Granderson hits sac fly to lift Mets over Braves in 14
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos