New York News
Lopez out, Seddio in as county chairman
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Brooklyn Democrats have a new leader Thursday in the wake of state Assemblyman Vito Lopez' ousting.
Lopez left the job of county chairman under the cloud of a sexual harassment scandal in Albany.
The new man, voted in Wednesday night, is Frank Seddio, a former state Assemblyman and an ally of Lopez.
Seddio says his rule will be by consensus and will allow for dissenting opinions.
"If we have a difference of opinion and we can't agree on something, maybe down the road we can find another way to do it," he told NY1.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, vito lopez, new york state politics, new york news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 25 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 26 min ago
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos