New York News
Lopez out, Seddio in as county chairman
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Brooklyn Democrats have a new leader Thursday in the wake of state Assemblyman Vito Lopez' ousting.
Lopez left the job of county chairman under the cloud of a sexual harassment scandal in Albany.
The new man, voted in Wednesday night, is Frank Seddio, a former state Assemblyman and an ally of Lopez.
Seddio says his rule will be by consensus and will allow for dissenting opinions.
"If we have a difference of opinion and we can't agree on something, maybe down the road we can find another way to do it," he told NY1.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, vito lopez, new york state politics, new york news
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 45 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 45 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 22 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 50 min ago
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
25 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
45 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos