New York News
Lopez out, Seddio in as county chairman
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Brooklyn Democrats have a new leader Thursday in the wake of state Assemblyman Vito Lopez' ousting.
Lopez left the job of county chairman under the cloud of a sexual harassment scandal in Albany.
The new man, voted in Wednesday night, is Frank Seddio, a former state Assemblyman and an ally of Lopez.
Seddio says his rule will be by consensus and will allow for dissenting opinions.
"If we have a difference of opinion and we can't agree on something, maybe down the road we can find another way to do it," he told NY1.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, vito lopez, new york state politics, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos