New York News
New High Line construction begins Thursday
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Work on the final phase of the High Line park begins in Manhattan Thursday.
The last stretch of the park, built on an old freight rail line, will run between West 30th Street and 34th Street.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other elected officials attended the groundbreaking ceremony.
School children tossed wildflowers and native grass seeds onto the High Line as part of the festivities.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, high line, new york news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- New measles cases confirmed in New York City 4 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos