New York News
New High Line construction begins Thursday
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Work on the final phase of the High Line park begins in Manhattan Thursday.
The last stretch of the park, built on an old freight rail line, will run between West 30th Street and 34th Street.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other elected officials attended the groundbreaking ceremony.
School children tossed wildflowers and native grass seeds onto the High Line as part of the festivities.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, high line, new york news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera 56 min ago
- Disturbing details emerge about suspected Etan Patz killer 42 min ago
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013