New York News
Vandals strike at Upper West Side Deli
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Lansky's, a longtime Upper West Side deli, was thoroughly trashed during a burglary Tuesday night.
The chairs and tables were chopped and slashed, the toilets in the restroom were smashed, the computers and refrigerators were broken, and obviously the cash was taken from the register.
This happened Tuesday night, at the end of the Jewish holiday.
The NYPD is treating this as a burglary at this time. No arrests have been made.
They have been cleaning up around the clock since the damage was discovered. They hope to reopen by Friday, but definitely by the weekend.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours 59 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts 10 min ago
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones 54 min ago
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 13 min ago
- 'Nathan's' flagship finally reopens after Sandy
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
13 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
59 min ago