New York News
Student fatally stabbed near Midtown high school
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A New York City high school student is dead, and investigators are searching for his killer.
The incident happened on West 56th Street outside the School for Environmental Studies Thursday.
Police say 19-year-old Teddy Beckles was stabbed at least twice during an argument outside the school.
The teenager lived on his own in the Bronx, working at McDonald's while going to school.
"Teddy was a decent character," friend Shay Palmer said. "He was always fun. He played his music loud. He was a great guy."
Just before school let out, Beckles' girlfriend got into an argument with some of the other students.
Eyewitness say they saw three men jump Beckles just down the street from the school, stabbing him repeatedly.
Police were searching the area for the knife as they tried to piece together the details of exactly what led to the attack.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, stabbing, new york news, jim dolan
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 24 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway 49 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos