New York News
Muni Meters to be turned off on Sundays
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a break for New York City drivers, they'll no longer be paying for parking that's supposed to be free.
The Department of Transportation will now be shutting down the city's Muni Meters on Sundays.
Many drivers have been paying on Sundays, not realizing the meter regulations are suspended that day.
Now the machines will be programmed so that they can't accept the money.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, parking, parking meter, new york news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013