New York News
Funeral for worker killed in Brooklyn building collapse
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Funeral services are being held Friday for the construction worker killed in a building collapse in Brooklyn.
Authorities say 67-year-old Winston Gellett was killed when part of the building he was working on collapsed in Fort Greene last Monday.
Another worker was also seriously hurt and three others suffered minor injuries.
City and federal officials are investigating reports that safety violations contributed to the accident.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, fort greene, collapse, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 50 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 34 min ago
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 33 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 31 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 50 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
50 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
31 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
16 min ago