New York News
LIU basketball players suspended after campus brawl
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Four Long Island University basketball players have been suspended after they were arrested on charges of assault in a campus brawl with the track team.
The fight broke out during a welcome-back party for students at the Brooklyn campus last weekend. Police say the four players were arrested Thursday after the track team members filed complaints. They were not seriously injured but were taken to a hospital.
Among those arrested include Julian Boyd, a forward who was named the Northeast Conference player of the year last year, and two high scorers, Jamal Olaswere, Troy Joseph and a fourth player, C.J. Garner. The team is ranked No. 1 in the conference.
The school's provost says no other students were implicated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 5 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos