New York News
Suspect arrested in subway iPhone robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An NYPD undercover operation led to the arrest of a man on charges of stealing an iPhone in the subway.
A team of plain clothed officers entered the 42nd Street Grand Central subway station on Friday afternoon, with one of them acting as a decoy.
After getting on board a southbound #6 train at the 51st Street station, police say they observed a man reach into the backpack of the decoy officer and steal an Apple iPhone.
The suspect, 20-year old Khomail Vinson of Manhattan, was arrested after getting off the train at 42nd Street.
He is charged with grand larceny and criminal possession of stolen property.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting 15 min ago
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food 10 min ago
- Aaron Hernandez' home searched in murder investigation 50 min ago
- House passes far-reaching anti-abortion bill
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Photos: East Village bodega crash 16 min ago
- Photos: FDNY works to rescue man trapped in trench