New York News
Suspect arrested in subway iPhone robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An NYPD undercover operation led to the arrest of a man on charges of stealing an iPhone in the subway.
A team of plain clothed officers entered the 42nd Street Grand Central subway station on Friday afternoon, with one of them acting as a decoy.
After getting on board a southbound #6 train at the 51st Street station, police say they observed a man reach into the backpack of the decoy officer and steal an Apple iPhone.
The suspect, 20-year old Khomail Vinson of Manhattan, was arrested after getting off the train at 42nd Street.
He is charged with grand larceny and criminal possession of stolen property.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 7 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
7 min ago