New York News
Elderly pedestrian killed as car jumps curb on East Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An 80-year-old man standing at a street corner was killed when he was hit by a car that came spinning toward him after a collision with another vehicle.
Police said the incident happened Saturday night around 10:30 p.m. when a car traveling on East 59th Street hit a car going north on Park Avenue.
The impact sent the first car spinning, and it hit two pedestrians, who were standing at the corner.
Authorities said the man, identified as Rubin Baum, was trapped under the car.
He was taken to the hospital with severe trauma, and pronounced dead.
A 62-year old woman who was also hit was injured in the leg, and was in stable condition at the hospital.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, east side, pedestrian struck, accident, new york news
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 34 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window 47 min ago
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter 49 min ago
- Police hunt for man targeting Queens change machines
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash....
34 min ago
- Kickoff to a Long Island Summer this...
14 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos