New York News
Magician David Blaine ready to shock after 4 years
NEW YORK -- Magician-daredevil David Blaine is ready to shock people.
Blaine is returning to New York City on Oct. 5 for a three-day, three-night stunt called "Electrified: One Million Volts Always On." It will be streamed live.
A trailer for the stunt shows the 39-year-old endurance artist wearing a futuristic-looking bodysuit in between two conductors.
Blaine's last stunt was hanging upside down without a net high over New York's Central Park for 60 hours in 2008. But the grand finale of the "Dive of Death" stunt didn't go according to plan.
His other stunts include holding his breath underwater for 17 minutes and 4 seconds, being buried alive for a week in a see-through coffin and being encased in a block of ice for 63 hours.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner 58 min ago
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead 26 min ago
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery