New York News
Bicyclist killed in Queens Boulevard hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A bicyclist was struck and killed on Queens Boulevard Tuesday morning in what is initially being investigated as a fatal hit and run.
Police say the 38-year-old victim was struck on Queens Boulevard near the intersection of Hoover Avenue just after 6 a.m.
The vehicle that struck the bicyclist did not stop.
The victim was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Queens Boulevard gained the moniker "The Boulevard of Death" after numerous fatal crashes. From 1993 to 2000, 72 pedestrians were killed trying to cross the street, an average of 10 per year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, hit and run accident, new york news
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide