New York News
Bicyclist killed in Queens Boulevard hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A bicyclist was struck and killed on Queens Boulevard Tuesday morning in what is initially being investigated as a fatal hit and run.
Police say the 38-year-old victim was struck on Queens Boulevard near the intersection of Hoover Avenue just after 6 a.m.
The vehicle that struck the bicyclist did not stop.
The victim was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Queens Boulevard gained the moniker "The Boulevard of Death" after numerous fatal crashes. From 1993 to 2000, 72 pedestrians were killed trying to cross the street, an average of 10 per year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, hit and run accident, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 32 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 16 min ago
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 15 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 13 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 32 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
32 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
13 min ago