New York News
Woman in critical condition after Bronx shooting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are on the scene in the Bronx where a 43-year-old woman was shot.
The incident happened on Coster Street and Spofford Ave. in the Hunts Point section.
The woman was taken to Lincoln Hospital in critical condition.
According to initial reports, the shooting was the result of a domestic dispute across the street from a school.
The students were kept inside the school for about 15 minutes until NYPD allowed them to leave. No one in the school saw the shooting.
An Education Department spokeswoman says the shooting is not related to school.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, shooting, new york news
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 2 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting 16 min ago
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food 11 min ago
- Aaron Hernandez' home searched in murder investigation 51 min ago
- House passes far-reaching anti-abortion bill
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Photos: East Village bodega crash 17 min ago
- Photos: FDNY works to rescue man trapped in trench