New York News
Teen son arrested; mother found dead in trash
MOUNT EDEN (WABC) -- Police arrested the teenaged son of a woman found murdered and dumped in a trash bin in the Bronx.
Two porters cleaning up made the discovery at a building on the 14-hundred block of Macombs Road just after 9:00 on Wednesday morning.
Investigators said they saw a multicolored bed sheet in the trash bin and realized it covered a body.
The victim is identified as Tihesha Savage. The 34-year old suffered trauma to the head and arm, officials said. Police believe Savage was killed inside her apartment on the fourth floor of the building directly across the street. Her body was stuffed into a plastic bin hidden by the sheet. Savage was the mother of two and had lived in the area for years.
An aunt and a cousin of the victim hugged outside the building on Wednesday afternoon, and shed tears watching the sad scene unfold.
Savage's 16-year-old son Darwin Jackson faces charges of 2nd degree murder, manslaughter and weapons charges.
Residents say Jackson was walking around the scene in a daze this morning and, at one point, even identified his mother's body.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, crime, body found, new york news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 31 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb? 10 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Anthony Weiner announces run for New York City mayor
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale 3 min ago
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault 58 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
31 min ago