New York News
Teen son arrested; mother found dead in trash
MOUNT EDEN (WABC) -- Police arrested the teenaged son of a woman found murdered and dumped in a trash bin in the Bronx.
Two porters cleaning up made the discovery at a building on the 14-hundred block of Macombs Road just after 9:00 on Wednesday morning.
Investigators said they saw a multicolored bed sheet in the trash bin and realized it covered a body.
The victim is identified as Tihesha Savage. The 34-year old suffered trauma to the head and arm, officials said. Police believe Savage was killed inside her apartment on the fourth floor of the building directly across the street. Her body was stuffed into a plastic bin hidden by the sheet. Savage was the mother of two and had lived in the area for years.
An aunt and a cousin of the victim hugged outside the building on Wednesday afternoon, and shed tears watching the sad scene unfold.
Savage's 16-year-old son Darwin Jackson faces charges of 2nd degree murder, manslaughter and weapons charges.
Residents say Jackson was walking around the scene in a daze this morning and, at one point, even identified his mother's body.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, crime, body found, new york news
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 5 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms 21 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
21 min ago