New York News
Teen son arrested; mother found dead in trash
MOUNT EDEN (WABC) -- Police arrested the teenaged son of a woman found murdered and dumped in a trash bin in the Bronx.
Two porters cleaning up made the discovery at a building on the 14-hundred block of Macombs Road just after 9:00 on Wednesday morning.
Investigators said they saw a multicolored bed sheet in the trash bin and realized it covered a body.
The victim is identified as Tihesha Savage. The 34-year old suffered trauma to the head and arm, officials said. Police believe Savage was killed inside her apartment on the fourth floor of the building directly across the street. Her body was stuffed into a plastic bin hidden by the sheet. Savage was the mother of two and had lived in the area for years.
An aunt and a cousin of the victim hugged outside the building on Wednesday afternoon, and shed tears watching the sad scene unfold.
Savage's 16-year-old son Darwin Jackson faces charges of 2nd degree murder, manslaughter and weapons charges.
Residents say Jackson was walking around the scene in a daze this morning and, at one point, even identified his mother's body.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, crime, body found, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide