New York News
Arrest made in stray bullet shooting of teen
LONG ISLAND CITY (WABC) -- Police have arrested a suspect in connection with the shooting of a teenager at the Queensbridge Houses on Sunday morning.
37-year-old Day Bryant was arrested by NYPD officers at 9:45 a.m. at his apartment at 2850 8th Avenue in Harlem on Wednesday.
Detectives received information on who the shooter was and took him into custody without incident.
They wouldn't elaborate on what lead them to Bryant.
Police say Bryant was shooting his gun into the air outside the Long Island City housing project at around 5:20 a.m. Sunday.
One of the bullets entered 15-year-old Amy Sanchez' apartment, striking the girl in the hand.
Sanchez had woken up early to do homework. She remains hospitalized.
Bryant is charged with criminal possession of a weapon and reckless endangerment.
A meeting between the community and the police was held Wednesday night.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island city, crime, shooting, new york news
- LIRR suspended between Huntington, Hicksville 55 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash 6 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt 42 min ago
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 52 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera 25 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn;...
42 min ago