New York News
Arrest made in stray bullet shooting of teen
LONG ISLAND CITY (WABC) -- Police have arrested a suspect in connection with the shooting of a teenager at the Queensbridge Houses on Sunday morning.
37-year-old Day Bryant was arrested by NYPD officers at 9:45 a.m. at his apartment at 2850 8th Avenue in Harlem on Wednesday.
Detectives received information on who the shooter was and took him into custody without incident.
They wouldn't elaborate on what lead them to Bryant.
Police say Bryant was shooting his gun into the air outside the Long Island City housing project at around 5:20 a.m. Sunday.
One of the bullets entered 15-year-old Amy Sanchez' apartment, striking the girl in the hand.
Sanchez had woken up early to do homework. She remains hospitalized.
Bryant is charged with criminal possession of a weapon and reckless endangerment.
A meeting between the community and the police was held Wednesday night.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island city, crime, shooting, new york news
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer 10 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 33 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident 58 min ago
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance 17 min ago
- 2nd murder conviction in death of cop Peter Figoski
- 'Unusual condition' seen before Metro North crash
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- A-Rod sells home and makes $15 Million profit
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
16 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
33 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos