New York News
Artwork taken to new level in Dumbo
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Dumbo has a long history with artists , and on any given day, you will see signs of the art world throughout the neighborhood.
The artists featured in the Dumbo Arts Festival shows that artists are still an important part of the neighborhood.
This weekend, the sidewalks will explode with exhibitions.
For example, there are lights created out of fabric and resin, created by James Cospito and John Lunceford. Both Cospito and Lunceford are looking forward to their art being on view.
Eve Bailey is helping her dancers tweak their performances based on and around her sculptures.
"I'm a former metal worker, so here it is," said Bailey.
However, if you are leaning more towards gallery work, you won't be disappointed.
Dumbo's galleries tucked inside warehouse buildings will be opening their doors.
For more on the Dumbo Arts Festival, visit their website.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, dumbo, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen