New York News
Gas smell in Canarsie due to gas main work
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Dozens of Brooklyn residents have called 911 reporting a strong smell of gas in the air Thursday night.
Apparently National Grid had a planned maintenance project to remove an old gas main and it's created the smell of gas throughout the borough.
The FDNY says people should continue to call 911 if there's a natural gas emergency.
The work is happening in Canarsie, Brooklyn at Seaview Avenue and Paerdegat Avenue North.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, new york news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 23 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall