New York News
Gas smell in Canarsie due to gas main work
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Dozens of Brooklyn residents have called 911 reporting a strong smell of gas in the air Thursday night.
Apparently National Grid had a planned maintenance project to remove an old gas main and it's created the smell of gas throughout the borough.
The FDNY says people should continue to call 911 if there's a natural gas emergency.
The work is happening in Canarsie, Brooklyn at Seaview Avenue and Paerdegat Avenue North.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, new york news
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments 51 min ago
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school 28 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos