New York News
Gas smell in Canarsie due to gas main work
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Dozens of Brooklyn residents have called 911 reporting a strong smell of gas in the air Thursday night.
Apparently National Grid had a planned maintenance project to remove an old gas main and it's created the smell of gas throughout the borough.
The FDNY says people should continue to call 911 if there's a natural gas emergency.
The work is happening in Canarsie, Brooklyn at Seaview Avenue and Paerdegat Avenue North.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, canarsie, new york news
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 59 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 59 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 36 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
39 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
59 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos