New York News
Jewelry store robbed in broad daylight
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two men robbed a Midtown jewelry store in broad daylight on Friday.
It happened just after 3 p.m. at Madison Jewelers at 400 Madison Avenue.
The suspects walked into the store and started looking at the merchandise. They then announced a robbery and demanded watches and jewelry. At least one of the suspects was armed.
The suspects then sprayed two clerks with mace and fled with an unknown amount of jewelry.
The workers were not seriously injured.
Police only have a description of the suspects as being two black men.
Detectives are at the store investigating.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, robbery, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 8 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets 39 min ago
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win