New York News
Jewelry store robbed in broad daylight
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two men robbed a Midtown jewelry store in broad daylight on Friday.
It happened just after 3 p.m. at Madison Jewelers at 400 Madison Avenue.
The suspects walked into the store and started looking at the merchandise. They then announced a robbery and demanded watches and jewelry. At least one of the suspects was armed.
The suspects then sprayed two clerks with mace and fled with an unknown amount of jewelry.
The workers were not seriously injured.
Police only have a description of the suspects as being two black men.
Detectives are at the store investigating.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, midtown, robbery, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97 17 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014