New York News
Hypodermic needle-wielding robbery suspect arrested
NEW YORK -- New York City police have arrested a Bronx man in connection with a string of robberies in which the suspect threatened victims with a hypodermic needle.
Police said Monday that 39-year-old Angel Cintron was arrested on robbery and criminal possession of a weapon charges. It wasn't immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
The suspect first struck on Aug. 16 near Castle Hill and East Tremont avenues.
In the latest incident, police say Cintron used a syringe to threaten a teenager on a No. 1 train near the West 86th Street stop in Manhattan.
No injuries have been reported.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, subway crime, robbery, new york news
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation 10 min ago
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Minaj wins, Mars performs at Billboard Awards
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 8 min ago
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers