New York News
Hit and run driver kills elderly pedestrian
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are looking for the driver who hit and killed an elderly man in Morningside Heights.
It happened late Friday night at the intersection of Broadway and 114th Street.
Police say the 75-year old pedestrian was crossing 114th Street when he was struck by a black Honda Civic traveling north on Broadway.
The suspect fled the scene before police arrived.
The victim was taken to St. Luke's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, hit and run accident, new york news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 45 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- Photos: Scared Santa
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
43 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos