New York News
Former Governor David Paterson and wife split
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Former New York Gov. David Paterson and his wife have separated.
The split between the Democratic politician and wife Michelle Paige Paterson was first reported Saturday by the New York Post. Paterson representative Sean Darcy says the couple's decision was "mutual and amicable."
The couple's relationship was in the public eye from the day he took office in 2008. He immediately admitted one affair in an interview and the next day appeared at a press conference with his wife, where both admitted having affairs at a time when their marriage was heading toward divorce.
The revelations followed on the heels of the sex scandal that felled Paterson's predecessor. Democratic Gov. Eliot Spitzer resigned from office after he was accused of spending thousands of dollars on high-end prostitutes.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, david paterson, new york state politics, new york news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays 35 min ago
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up 34 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over...
35 min ago
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast...
34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
31 min ago