New York News
Pizza delivery man critically injured after hit by car
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A pizza delivery man is in critical condition after getting hit by a car while walking across the street in Manhattan.
Police say the man was found in the crosswalk on Columbus Avenue at 104th Street on the Upper West Side about 10:30 Saturday night.
The pizza, delivery bag and a shoe were left on the pavement.
One witness described a chaotic scene where the man was hit first by one car, and then another.
""It was crazy", said Michael Martinez. "It was just a bang and I turned around and I see him in the air flying. Then he just hit the car. It was over."
Police say the driver of the gray two-door vehicle that hit the man stayed on the scene.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper west side, accident, new york news
- 3 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Newark tanker fire snarls traffic, delays NJ Transit trains 38 min ago
- Photos: Newark tanker fire 40 min ago
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
38 min ago