New York News
Arrest made in connection with fatal Bronx fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An arrest has been made in connection with a fatal two-alarm fire earlier in September in the Bronx.
The University Avenue blaze forced desperate residents onto the fire escape as they waited to be rescued.
Wendy Walston, 46, was charged with arson and manslaughter. The blaze killed her boyfriend and a 4-year-old child.
Residents are angry because little cleanup has been done, even though they have called 311. They say doors to the building are broken, so people come in and out late at night and in the morning, causing them to feel usafe.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fire, fire death, fire rescue, new york news, carolina leid
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act