New York News
Dementia patient found 2 miles from hospital
NEW YORK -- The son of a dementia patient says she walked out of a Bronx hospital and was found two miles away, with severe bruises.
Peter Brown told the Daily News that his mother, Patricia, was supposed to be under constant watch.
He said Montefiore Medical Center informed him Friday that a surveillance camera caught her leaving. Police were notified.
He said he got another call five hours later after a paramedic found her.
Brown says his mother had bruises on her face and ribs.
Peter Brown said the hospital told him she looked like she had taken a fall but was otherwise fine.
The hospital declined to comment, citing patient privacy rules.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baby it's cold outside! 17 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Mega Millions hits $400M jackpot 53 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 30 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced