New York News
Dementia patient found 2 miles from hospital
NEW YORK -- The son of a dementia patient says she walked out of a Bronx hospital and was found two miles away, with severe bruises.
Peter Brown told the Daily News that his mother, Patricia, was supposed to be under constant watch.
He said Montefiore Medical Center informed him Friday that a surveillance camera caught her leaving. Police were notified.
He said he got another call five hours later after a paramedic found her.
Brown says his mother had bruises on her face and ribs.
Peter Brown said the hospital told him she looked like she had taken a fall but was otherwise fine.
The hospital declined to comment, citing patient privacy rules.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help 45 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday 10 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Oklahoma tornado death toll revised to 24,...
18 min ago