New York News
Time Warner to charge leasing fee for modems
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Customers of Time Warner Cable in New York city received a postcard this week where the company announced a new charge for the use of their modems.
The postcard reads that customers will now be charged an additional $3.95 per month to lease their internet modem.
Customers are offered the option of using their own modem that is approved by Time Warner by going to twc.com/approveddevices
The new fee will go into place on October 15th.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 14 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 56 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
14 min ago