New York News
Time Warner to charge leasing fee for modems
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Customers of Time Warner Cable in New York city received a postcard this week where the company announced a new charge for the use of their modems.
The postcard reads that customers will now be charged an additional $3.95 per month to lease their internet modem.
Customers are offered the option of using their own modem that is approved by Time Warner by going to twc.com/approveddevices
The new fee will go into place on October 15th.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 7 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos