New York News
Time Warner to charge leasing fee for modems
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Customers of Time Warner Cable in New York city received a postcard this week where the company announced a new charge for the use of their modems.
The postcard reads that customers will now be charged an additional $3.95 per month to lease their internet modem.
Customers are offered the option of using their own modem that is approved by Time Warner by going to twc.com/approveddevices
The new fee will go into place on October 15th.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Car fire causing lane closures on the LIE 1 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 12 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
12 min ago