New York News
Assistant principal accused of inappropriate texts
NEW YORK -- The assistant principal of a Brooklyn high school has been removed from the classroom after investigators said he exchanged 2,919 text messages with a student.
The special commissioner of investigation for city schools said Christian Del Re and the 18-year-old student also shared after-midnight phone calls.
Del Re, who is married, has denied any wrongdoing.
Del Re has been removed from his job at Leon M. Goldstein High School for the Sciences. He faces a disciplinary process that could result in being fired.
The special commissioner's report said students claimed they saw Del Re playing with the young woman's hair.
Both Del Re and the student said their relationship never went beyond texting and talking.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
50 min ago