New York News
Assistant principal accused of inappropriate texts
NEW YORK -- The assistant principal of a Brooklyn high school has been removed from the classroom after investigators said he exchanged 2,919 text messages with a student.
The special commissioner of investigation for city schools said Christian Del Re and the 18-year-old student also shared after-midnight phone calls.
Del Re, who is married, has denied any wrongdoing.
Del Re has been removed from his job at Leon M. Goldstein High School for the Sciences. He faces a disciplinary process that could result in being fired.
The special commissioner's report said students claimed they saw Del Re playing with the young woman's hair.
Both Del Re and the student said their relationship never went beyond texting and talking.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 43 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 1 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday