New York News
Violent attempted iPhone robbery in PATH station
WEST VILLAGE (WABC) -- Police are searching for a man accused of a violent attack inside a PATH station, all for an iPhone.
During rush hour, the 9th Street PATH station is pretty crowded, with commuters making their way to and from New Jersey. But at night, the flow slows and the hallways can seem pretty isolated.
Police say the suspect took advantage of that, he beat a woman carrying an iPhone, and when she wouldn't give up the phone, he threw her against the wall until she fell on the floor.
It happened at the 9th Street PATH Station in the West Village on Monday .
As the woman laid on ground, he took off without the phone.
He was last seen going south on 6th Avenue.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, west village, iphone, robbery, new york news, jim dolan
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash