New York News
Toddler in diapers found alone in Harlem lobby
NEW YORK -- Police say a couple has been charged after their toddler was found alone in the lobby of their Harlem building.
The 18-month-old boy was discovered with a bloody lip and wearing only a diaper at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Police responded to 342 East 100th St. after receiving a call of child neglect. They said the parents were home in their third-floor apartment but unaware that the toddler was missing.
They were asleep when police arrived. It wasn't immediately clear how the boy got out and downstairs.
He was treated at a hospital and later released to the Administration of Children Services.
The parents were identified as 22-year-old Cruz Angel and 20-year-old Valerie Collins. Police charged them with reckless endangerment.
It wasn't immediately known if they had a lawyer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, wandering child, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos