New York News
Toddler in diapers found alone in Harlem lobby
NEW YORK -- Police say a couple has been charged after their toddler was found alone in the lobby of their Harlem building.
The 18-month-old boy was discovered with a bloody lip and wearing only a diaper at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Police responded to 342 East 100th St. after receiving a call of child neglect. They said the parents were home in their third-floor apartment but unaware that the toddler was missing.
They were asleep when police arrived. It wasn't immediately clear how the boy got out and downstairs.
He was treated at a hospital and later released to the Administration of Children Services.
The parents were identified as 22-year-old Cruz Angel and 20-year-old Valerie Collins. Police charged them with reckless endangerment.
It wasn't immediately known if they had a lawyer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, wandering child, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Tornado touched down near Copake
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City 42 min ago
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Crews race to find survivors after Oklahoma...
22 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos