New York News
Toddler in diapers found alone in Harlem lobby
NEW YORK -- Police say a couple has been charged after their toddler was found alone in the lobby of their Harlem building.
The 18-month-old boy was discovered with a bloody lip and wearing only a diaper at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
Police responded to 342 East 100th St. after receiving a call of child neglect. They said the parents were home in their third-floor apartment but unaware that the toddler was missing.
They were asleep when police arrived. It wasn't immediately clear how the boy got out and downstairs.
He was treated at a hospital and later released to the Administration of Children Services.
The parents were identified as 22-year-old Cruz Angel and 20-year-old Valerie Collins. Police charged them with reckless endangerment.
It wasn't immediately known if they had a lawyer.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, harlem, wandering child, new york news
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos