New York News
Man fatally shot on Lower East Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a fatal shooting on the Lower East Side.
Saturday night at about 9:30, officers responded to a 911 call about an assault in front of 110 Forsyth Street.
Eyewitnesses told officers a man had been shot and taken to the hospital.
The officers learned that the victim had been brought to Bellevue Hospital, where he was pronounced dead with a gunshot wound in the torso.
There have been no arrests.
The victim has not yet been identified.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, shooting, lower east side, new york news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb? 58 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power 33 min ago
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale 14 min ago
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall 13 min ago
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma