New York News
Man fatally shot on Lower East Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a fatal shooting on the Lower East Side.
Saturday night at about 9:30, officers responded to a 911 call about an assault in front of 110 Forsyth Street.
Eyewitnesses told officers a man had been shot and taken to the hospital.
The officers learned that the victim had been brought to Bellevue Hospital, where he was pronounced dead with a gunshot wound in the torso.
There have been no arrests.
The victim has not yet been identified.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, shooting, lower east side, new york news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 8 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 10 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 56 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 45 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos