New York News
Man fatally shot on Lower East Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a fatal shooting on the Lower East Side.
Saturday night at about 9:30, officers responded to a 911 call about an assault in front of 110 Forsyth Street.
Eyewitnesses told officers a man had been shot and taken to the hospital.
The officers learned that the victim had been brought to Bellevue Hospital, where he was pronounced dead with a gunshot wound in the torso.
There have been no arrests.
The victim has not yet been identified.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, shooting, lower east side, new york news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos