New York News
Man fatally shot on Lower East Side
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are investigating a fatal shooting on the Lower East Side.
Saturday night at about 9:30, officers responded to a 911 call about an assault in front of 110 Forsyth Street.
Eyewitnesses told officers a man had been shot and taken to the hospital.
The officers learned that the victim had been brought to Bellevue Hospital, where he was pronounced dead with a gunshot wound in the torso.
There have been no arrests.
The victim has not yet been identified.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, shooting, lower east side, new york news
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'