New York News
Guidance counselor fired over steamy photos sues
NEW YORK -- A former guidance counselor at a New York City high school has sued to get her job back after being fired over steamy photos.
The New York Post reports (http://bit.ly/Q51S5d ) that 37-year-old Tiffany Webb was fired last year from Murry Bergtraum High School for Business Careers because photos in lingerie and bikinis from her early career as a model are still floating around the Internet.
Webb says she stopped modeling years before she became a teacher in 1999. She said she has demanded that websites remove the photos but they keep popping up.
Webb was fired last year after her principal said a student showed her some of the scantily-clad photos.
Webb is suing the New York City Department of Education seeking reinstatement, back pay and punitive damages.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
51 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos