New York News
Guidance counselor fired over steamy photos sues
NEW YORK -- A former guidance counselor at a New York City high school has sued to get her job back after being fired over steamy photos.
The New York Post reports (http://bit.ly/Q51S5d ) that 37-year-old Tiffany Webb was fired last year from Murry Bergtraum High School for Business Careers because photos in lingerie and bikinis from her early career as a model are still floating around the Internet.
Webb says she stopped modeling years before she became a teacher in 1999. She said she has demanded that websites remove the photos but they keep popping up.
Webb was fired last year after her principal said a student showed her some of the scantily-clad photos.
Webb is suing the New York City Department of Education seeking reinstatement, back pay and punitive damages.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day 34 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed 15 min ago
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Oklahoma residents begin hard recovery after tornado
- Anthony Weiner to court voters in Harlem Thursday
- Jersey City boy killed outside home to be laid to rest
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been...
15 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
34 min ago