New York News
Guidance counselor fired over steamy photos sues
NEW YORK -- A former guidance counselor at a New York City high school has sued to get her job back after being fired over steamy photos.
The New York Post reports (http://bit.ly/Q51S5d ) that 37-year-old Tiffany Webb was fired last year from Murry Bergtraum High School for Business Careers because photos in lingerie and bikinis from her early career as a model are still floating around the Internet.
Webb says she stopped modeling years before she became a teacher in 1999. She said she has demanded that websites remove the photos but they keep popping up.
Webb was fired last year after her principal said a student showed her some of the scantily-clad photos.
Webb is suing the New York City Department of Education seeking reinstatement, back pay and punitive damages.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 22 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos