New York News
Twitter followers help search for missing dog
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Danielle Marveall is heartsick after her precious Chihuahua nine-year-old Myrtle is lost.
On Friday, Danielle flew up to Canada for her cousin's wedding.
On Saturday, her friend who was dog sitting took Myrtle out for a quick walk.
There was a loud noise.
Myrtle got spooked, slipped out of her collar, and ran for cover.
That was the last they've seen of the six pound black beauty.
The difference, she is using the power of the Internet.
Danielle already had 10,000 Twitter followers.
She is now asking them to be her army of 10,000 extra sets of eyes and they have responded.
Even celebrities have retweeted her messages and Newsweek is now posting her blog
Danielle and her friends still search by foot, still leave food out in case Myrtle is hungry, but she is hoping the growing interest on the internet will help bring this shy rescue dog back home.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, dog, twitter, new york news, lucy yang
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon