New York News
Twitter followers help search for missing dog
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Danielle Marveall is heartsick after her precious Chihuahua nine-year-old Myrtle is lost.
On Friday, Danielle flew up to Canada for her cousin's wedding.
On Saturday, her friend who was dog sitting took Myrtle out for a quick walk.
There was a loud noise.
Myrtle got spooked, slipped out of her collar, and ran for cover.
That was the last they've seen of the six pound black beauty.
The difference, she is using the power of the Internet.
Danielle already had 10,000 Twitter followers.
She is now asking them to be her army of 10,000 extra sets of eyes and they have responded.
Even celebrities have retweeted her messages and Newsweek is now posting her blog
Danielle and her friends still search by foot, still leave food out in case Myrtle is hungry, but she is hoping the growing interest on the internet will help bring this shy rescue dog back home.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, dog, twitter, new york news, lucy yang
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos