New York News
Twitter followers help search for missing dog
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Danielle Marveall is heartsick after her precious Chihuahua nine-year-old Myrtle is lost.
On Friday, Danielle flew up to Canada for her cousin's wedding.
On Saturday, her friend who was dog sitting took Myrtle out for a quick walk.
There was a loud noise.
Myrtle got spooked, slipped out of her collar, and ran for cover.
That was the last they've seen of the six pound black beauty.
The difference, she is using the power of the Internet.
Danielle already had 10,000 Twitter followers.
She is now asking them to be her army of 10,000 extra sets of eyes and they have responded.
Even celebrities have retweeted her messages and Newsweek is now posting her blog
Danielle and her friends still search by foot, still leave food out in case Myrtle is hungry, but she is hoping the growing interest on the internet will help bring this shy rescue dog back home.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, dog, twitter, new york news, lucy yang
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 54 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 55 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 16 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 3 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos