New York News
Twitter followers help search for missing dog
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Danielle Marveall is heartsick after her precious Chihuahua nine-year-old Myrtle is lost.
On Friday, Danielle flew up to Canada for her cousin's wedding.
On Saturday, her friend who was dog sitting took Myrtle out for a quick walk.
There was a loud noise.
Myrtle got spooked, slipped out of her collar, and ran for cover.
That was the last they've seen of the six pound black beauty.
The difference, she is using the power of the Internet.
Danielle already had 10,000 Twitter followers.
She is now asking them to be her army of 10,000 extra sets of eyes and they have responded.
Even celebrities have retweeted her messages and Newsweek is now posting her blog
Danielle and her friends still search by foot, still leave food out in case Myrtle is hungry, but she is hoping the growing interest on the internet will help bring this shy rescue dog back home.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, dog, twitter, new york news, lucy yang
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help 38 min ago
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday 3 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
57 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado death toll revised to 24,...
11 min ago