New York News
Twitter followers help search for missing dog
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Danielle Marveall is heartsick after her precious Chihuahua nine-year-old Myrtle is lost.
On Friday, Danielle flew up to Canada for her cousin's wedding.
On Saturday, her friend who was dog sitting took Myrtle out for a quick walk.
There was a loud noise.
Myrtle got spooked, slipped out of her collar, and ran for cover.
That was the last they've seen of the six pound black beauty.
The difference, she is using the power of the Internet.
Danielle already had 10,000 Twitter followers.
She is now asking them to be her army of 10,000 extra sets of eyes and they have responded.
Even celebrities have retweeted her messages and Newsweek is now posting her blog
Danielle and her friends still search by foot, still leave food out in case Myrtle is hungry, but she is hoping the growing interest on the internet will help bring this shy rescue dog back home.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, dog, twitter, new york news, lucy yang
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
13 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos