New York News
Building partially collapses in Hamilton Heights
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A five-story building under construction in Manhattan partially collapsed.
The multi-family apartment building is located at Edgecombe Avenue and West 142nd Street in Hamilton Heights.
It was vacant at the time of the collapse just before 6 p.m. on Wednesday.
One firefighter suffered a minor injury at the scene.
The area has been cordoned off as officials investigate.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, hamilton heights, building collapse, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97