New York News
Manhunt continues for shooter in Bronx double murder
EASTCHESTER (WABC) -- The manhunt continues Monday for an accused killer after a double murder at a Bronx motel.
Police are looking for 42-year-old Joseph Kernizan, who they say killed ex-girlfriend Tracy Bennett and her boyfriend early Saturday morning.
Investigators think the boyfriend, a reggae singer named Wayne Hamilton better known as Captain Barkey, taunted Kernizan in a song.
The gunman approached the 50-year-old Hamilton, of Milwaukee, outside the Holiday Motel near Co-Op City and shot him. Witnesses said Bennett was begging the shooter not to kill her, but he shot her twice.
Kernizan is the father of two Bennett's three children. He is described as 5-foot-5 and 220 pounds. ---
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, shooting, new york news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision 53 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall