New York News
Manhunt continues for shooter in Bronx double murder
EASTCHESTER (WABC) -- The manhunt continues Monday for an accused killer after a double murder at a Bronx motel.
Police are looking for 42-year-old Joseph Kernizan, who they say killed ex-girlfriend Tracy Bennett and her boyfriend early Saturday morning.
Investigators think the boyfriend, a reggae singer named Wayne Hamilton better known as Captain Barkey, taunted Kernizan in a song.
The gunman approached the 50-year-old Hamilton, of Milwaukee, outside the Holiday Motel near Co-Op City and shot him. Witnesses said Bennett was begging the shooter not to kill her, but he shot her twice.
Kernizan is the father of two Bennett's three children. He is described as 5-foot-5 and 220 pounds. ---
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, shooting, new york news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
34 min ago