New York News
Bronx outreach facility gutted by overnight fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A fast-moving fire burned through a religious outreach center in the Bronx overnight, gutting the facility.
The fire broke out inside the Christ's Love Mission Center on East 152nd Street just after 11:30 p.m.
Flames tore through the building, and smoke spread to two floors of apartments above. The siding on the building buckled from the heat.
The residents of the apartments were left temporarily homeless.
The cause has not yet been determined, and the investigation is ongoing.
No injuries were reported.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fire, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 16 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 14 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys 48 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos