New York News
Bronx outreach facility gutted by overnight fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A fast-moving fire burned through a religious outreach center in the Bronx overnight, gutting the facility.
The fire broke out inside the Christ's Love Mission Center on East 152nd Street just after 11:30 p.m.
Flames tore through the building, and smoke spread to two floors of apartments above. The siding on the building buckled from the heat.
The residents of the apartments were left temporarily homeless.
The cause has not yet been determined, and the investigation is ongoing.
No injuries were reported.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fire, new york news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey 46 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos