New York News
Lower Ease Side residents battle bars over noise
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A bar fight on the Lower East Side is pitting business owners against neighborhood residents.
No fists were flying, but plenty of angry words were exchanged Monday Night at a Community Board Three meeting over liquor licenses.
Residents fed up with noise want the board to limit bars in the area.
One neighborhood blog, LESdwellers.org, even posted pictures of drunken late night crowds.
Community boards can make recommendations, but the state has the final say.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, lower east side, new york news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 53 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 11 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday