New York News
Lower Ease Side residents battle bars over noise
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A bar fight on the Lower East Side is pitting business owners against neighborhood residents.
No fists were flying, but plenty of angry words were exchanged Monday Night at a Community Board Three meeting over liquor licenses.
Residents fed up with noise want the board to limit bars in the area.
One neighborhood blog, LESdwellers.org, even posted pictures of drunken late night crowds.
Community boards can make recommendations, but the state has the final say.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, lower east side, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 37 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 39 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 32 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice 38 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 11 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims 25 min ago
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
39 min ago