New York News
Ex-top cop Bernard Kerik testifies at trial
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Former New York City top cop Bernard Kerik was let out of prison briefly Monday to testify in the Bronx about the scheme that landed him behind bars.
Kerik testified against two friends accused of lying to a grand jury when they denied paying for renovations at Kerik's apartments in Riverdale.
Prosecutors say in exchange, Kerik helped the brothers get a city contract.
Kerik said he could not recall details of the renovations.
The case against Frank and Peter DiTommaso dates to the 2006 grand jury investigation of Kerik, who's serving a 4-year term in federal prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bernard kerik, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures