New York News
Auxillary officer arrested in bodega alcohol bust
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's a new twist in the case of a Brooklyn bodega worker busted for selling alcohol to a minor.
Prosecutors have arrested an auxiliary cop who's accused of setting the whole thing up.
The proof was found in surveillance video from the April arrest in Brownsville.
The undercover 18-year-old officer was in a hooded sweatshirt, trying to buy vodka.
The bodega worker checked his ID and said no.
A 51-year-old then buys the vodka and hands it to the teen outside and the worker is arrested.
Auxiliary Officer Anthony Harriott faces charges including official misconduct and making a false arrest.
He could get 4 years in prison if convicted.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, arrest, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 20 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito 53 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos