New York News
Upper East Side zip tops Forbes' most expensive list
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Forbes magazine says Manhattan's Upper East Side is home to the most expensive neighborhood in the country.
The median home price in the 10065 zip code is $6.5 million, and it's the first time a New York City zip has topped the list.
Second on the list is 07620 in Alpine, New Jersey, followed by 94027 in Atherton, California. There, a home will cost you $5.7 million, on average.
Sagaponack (11962) checks in at number four, on the East End of Long Island.
Hillsborough, California (94010) rounds out the top five.
New York City was prevalent on the list, nabbing four of the top 10 spots. The West Village was number six, and two other ZIPs on the Upper East Side were Nos. 8 and 10.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper east side, new york news
- Investigators search for clues, victims in East Harlem explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- More East Harlem explosion victims identified 1 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 26 min ago
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape