New York News
Cabbie attacks passenger, loses license
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A New York City cab driver has been stripped of his license for allegedly yanking his rider out of the backseat and throwing him into a busy Midtown street.
The April 16 assault on East 32nd Street was caught on surveillance video.
On the tape, driver Sidikiba Diallo is seen climbing into the back seat, struggling with the passenger then tossing the man onto the street.
The passenger gets back in the cab, and Diallo once again flings him onto the street.
The cabbie then drives off with the doors wide open.
At the hearing, the 20 year cab driver explained the passenger was drunk, vomiting and cursing.
Still, the judge recommended he lose his license for assaulting the man, saying Diallo had the right to refuse to take the inebriated man to Queens, but did not have the right to take matters into his own hands.
TLC commissioner David Yassky approved the judge's recommendation, saying the cabbie's behavior was inexcusable and will not be tolerated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run 18 min ago
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87 31 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall