New York News
Cabbie attacks passenger, loses license
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A New York City cab driver has been stripped of his license for allegedly yanking his rider out of the backseat and throwing him into a busy Midtown street.
The April 16 assault on East 32nd Street was caught on surveillance video.
On the tape, driver Sidikiba Diallo is seen climbing into the back seat, struggling with the passenger then tossing the man onto the street.
The passenger gets back in the cab, and Diallo once again flings him onto the street.
The cabbie then drives off with the doors wide open.
At the hearing, the 20 year cab driver explained the passenger was drunk, vomiting and cursing.
Still, the judge recommended he lose his license for assaulting the man, saying Diallo had the right to refuse to take the inebriated man to Queens, but did not have the right to take matters into his own hands.
TLC commissioner David Yassky approved the judge's recommendation, saying the cabbie's behavior was inexcusable and will not be tolerated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 37 min ago
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK 5 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 22 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system...
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
1 min ago