New York News
1 dead when trucks collide on BQE in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two delivery trucks collided on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway Tuesday night, killing one of the drivers.
A FedEx tractor trailer and a UPS truck crashed on the eastbound expressway, near the Metropolitan Avenue exit, at 10:30 p.m.
The driver of the truck that rear ended the other was ejected from his vehicle.
He was pinned between the trucks and pronounced dead.
No other serious injuries were reported.
The eastbound lanes were closed for two hours as police investigated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, accident, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 40 min ago
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus 12 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall