New York News
1 dead when trucks collide on BQE in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two delivery trucks collided on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway Tuesday night, killing one of the drivers.
A FedEx tractor trailer and a UPS truck crashed on the eastbound expressway, near the Metropolitan Avenue exit, at 10:30 p.m.
The driver of the truck that rear ended the other was ejected from his vehicle.
He was pinned between the trucks and pronounced dead.
No other serious injuries were reported.
The eastbound lanes were closed for two hours as police investigated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, accident, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97