New York News
6-figure Manhattan principal busted for shoplifting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Manhattan public school principal who earns more than $140,000 a year has been busted for shoplifting.
Santiago Mayol is principal at the High School for Language and Diplomacy, located at the Washington Irving campus in Union Square.
He was arrested earlier this month for shoplifting light bulbs, drywall screws and mold spray from a Brooklyn Home Depot.
His lawyer says Mayol paid for everything, and he's accusing Home Depot of pushing for a wrongful arrest.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 43 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
52 min ago