New York News
6-figure Manhattan principal busted for shoplifting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Manhattan public school principal who earns more than $140,000 a year has been busted for shoplifting.
Santiago Mayol is principal at the High School for Language and Diplomacy, located at the Washington Irving campus in Union Square.
He was arrested earlier this month for shoplifting light bulbs, drywall screws and mold spray from a Brooklyn Home Depot.
His lawyer says Mayol paid for everything, and he's accusing Home Depot of pushing for a wrongful arrest.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Metro North: Conn. train outage expected for days
- AccuWeather: Dreary Night
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, 21 injured
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Man falls out window during Broadway show
- Video: Who will win the Indianapolis 500?
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers