New York News
6-figure Manhattan principal busted for shoplifting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Manhattan public school principal who earns more than $140,000 a year has been busted for shoplifting.
Santiago Mayol is principal at the High School for Language and Diplomacy, located at the Washington Irving campus in Union Square.
He was arrested earlier this month for shoplifting light bulbs, drywall screws and mold spray from a Brooklyn Home Depot.
His lawyer says Mayol paid for everything, and he's accusing Home Depot of pushing for a wrongful arrest.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 11 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos 10 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 1 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos