New York News
6-figure Manhattan principal busted for shoplifting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Manhattan public school principal who earns more than $140,000 a year has been busted for shoplifting.
Santiago Mayol is principal at the High School for Language and Diplomacy, located at the Washington Irving campus in Union Square.
He was arrested earlier this month for shoplifting light bulbs, drywall screws and mold spray from a Brooklyn Home Depot.
His lawyer says Mayol paid for everything, and he's accusing Home Depot of pushing for a wrongful arrest.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 20 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- ObamaCare signups surpass 8 million mark
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet 42 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos