New York News
6-figure Manhattan principal busted for shoplifting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Manhattan public school principal who earns more than $140,000 a year has been busted for shoplifting.
Santiago Mayol is principal at the High School for Language and Diplomacy, located at the Washington Irving campus in Union Square.
He was arrested earlier this month for shoplifting light bulbs, drywall screws and mold spray from a Brooklyn Home Depot.
His lawyer says Mayol paid for everything, and he's accusing Home Depot of pushing for a wrongful arrest.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 11 min ago
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- Dealing with bitter blast with no heat
32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
49 min ago