New York News
Judge stops Manhattan skateboard race
NEW YORK (WABC) -- 1,800 skateboarders registered for a massive ride in Manhattan are being warned to stay home or risk arrest.
A judge granted a temporary restraining order to stop the so-called "Broadway Bomb" race this Saturday.
The route runs down Broadway from 116th Street to Wall Street.
Organizers did not request a permit and the city sought an injunction.
Police say anyone who tries to participate will be arrested.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident 53 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 54 min ago
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
21 min ago