New York News
Man shot, robbed while making bank depost at Bronx
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One man was shot as he arrived at a Bronx bank to make a deposit Friday morning.
Surveillance video shows the police arriving minutes after a customer was shot outside this HSBC Bank branch on E. Bay Blvd. in the Hunts Point section of the Bronx.
Eventually you see the ambulance arrive to take the victim to the hospital.
Eyewitness News is told the violent robbery happened shortly after 8 a.m. Friday.
The 40-year-old customer was making his daily cash deposit when he was ambushed by two men wearing hoodies.
According to an eyewitness, one thug grabbed the victim while the second grab the bag.
It was a scuffle and a shot was fired.
The bullet hit the victim in the abdomen.
Police believe that's when the armed robbers took off with $13,000 in cash and left a man bleeding.
The victim's colleagues came by to pick up his truck.
Eyewitness News is told the victim is a father of two, and is a manager at a nearby garbage hauling company and every day deposited the business receipts.
He is in the hospital with the bullet wound, while customers are stunned by the sudden closing of this branch.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, hunts point, robbery, shooting, new york news, lucy yang
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos