New York News
Man shot, robbed while making bank depost at Bronx
NEW YORK (WABC) -- One man was shot as he arrived at a Bronx bank to make a deposit Friday morning.
Surveillance video shows the police arriving minutes after a customer was shot outside this HSBC Bank branch on E. Bay Blvd. in the Hunts Point section of the Bronx.
Eventually you see the ambulance arrive to take the victim to the hospital.
Eyewitness News is told the violent robbery happened shortly after 8 a.m. Friday.
The 40-year-old customer was making his daily cash deposit when he was ambushed by two men wearing hoodies.
According to an eyewitness, one thug grabbed the victim while the second grab the bag.
It was a scuffle and a shot was fired.
The bullet hit the victim in the abdomen.
Police believe that's when the armed robbers took off with $13,000 in cash and left a man bleeding.
The victim's colleagues came by to pick up his truck.
Eyewitness News is told the victim is a father of two, and is a manager at a nearby garbage hauling company and every day deposited the business receipts.
He is in the hospital with the bullet wound, while customers are stunned by the sudden closing of this branch.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, hunts point, robbery, shooting, new york news, lucy yang
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn 18 min ago
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust 52 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97