New York News
Person of interest questioned in massage parlor rapes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are questioning a person of interest in the violent rapes of two women in two New York massage parlors.
Surveillance camera images show the man walking into a massage parlor in Flushing Queens, at about 11 p.m. on October 18th.
That is where police say he sexually assaulted a 55-year old woman.
She was taken to New York Presbyterian Hospital in stable condition.
The attack comes two months to the day from another incident in Greenwich Village, also at a massage parlor, where police say the suspect beat a 41-year old woman unconscious, sexually assaulted her and stole some property before taking off.
City Council Speaker Christine Quinn was among those passing out flyers in the neighborhood to alert residents to the suspect.
"It's just a horrible, horrible attack," said Quinn. "And we want to do everything we can to help make sure he's apprehended, and also to make sure that the victim knows that the community of Greenwich Village is praying for her, and supporting and rallying behind her."
The suspect is described as being in his 20's, around six feet tall, with a medium build.
Anyone with any additional information is urged to call Crime-Stoppers, at 1-800-577-TIPS.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, flushing, greenwich village, sexual assault, new york news, marcus solis
- Missing plane may have turned back 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong 33 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
12 min ago