New York News
1 dead in head-on crash in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An investigation is underway after one person was killed in a crash in Queens.
It happened Friday night at 48th Street and Laurel Hill Boulevard in the Sunnyside section.
Two cars collided head-on.
Two people were taken to Elmhurst Hospital. There is no word on the extent of their injuries.
One witness says the collision happened in a dangerous spot.
"I take this path to go to work every day and on a regular basis, cars are speeding through here all the time from one end to the other," said Tabatha Velazquez. "No one is driving slowly under this underpass."
It's still unclear what led to the crash.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, accident, queens, new york news
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 3 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 46 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing11-year-old Brooklyn boy found safe...
15 min ago