New York News
1 dead in head-on crash in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An investigation is underway after one person was killed in a crash in Queens.
It happened Friday night at 48th Street and Laurel Hill Boulevard in the Sunnyside section.
Two cars collided head-on.
Two people were taken to Elmhurst Hospital. There is no word on the extent of their injuries.
One witness says the collision happened in a dangerous spot.
"I take this path to go to work every day and on a regular basis, cars are speeding through here all the time from one end to the other," said Tabatha Velazquez. "No one is driving slowly under this underpass."
It's still unclear what led to the crash.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, accident, queens, new york news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 25 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 39 min ago
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show 16 min ago
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos