New York News
1 dead in head-on crash in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An investigation is underway after one person was killed in a crash in Queens.
It happened Friday night at 48th Street and Laurel Hill Boulevard in the Sunnyside section.
Two cars collided head-on.
Two people were taken to Elmhurst Hospital. There is no word on the extent of their injuries.
One witness says the collision happened in a dangerous spot.
"I take this path to go to work every day and on a regular basis, cars are speeding through here all the time from one end to the other," said Tabatha Velazquez. "No one is driving slowly under this underpass."
It's still unclear what led to the crash.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, accident, queens, new york news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 45 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos