New York News
1 dead in head-on crash in Queens
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An investigation is underway after one person was killed in a crash in Queens.
It happened Friday night at 48th Street and Laurel Hill Boulevard in the Sunnyside section.
Two cars collided head-on.
Two people were taken to Elmhurst Hospital. There is no word on the extent of their injuries.
One witness says the collision happened in a dangerous spot.
"I take this path to go to work every day and on a regular basis, cars are speeding through here all the time from one end to the other," said Tabatha Velazquez. "No one is driving slowly under this underpass."
It's still unclear what led to the crash.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, accident, queens, new york news
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 15 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting 29 min ago
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food 24 min ago
- Aaron Hernandez' home searched in murder investigation
- House passes far-reaching anti-abortion bill
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Photos: East Village bodega crash 30 min ago
- Photos: FDNY works to rescue man trapped in trench